On January 8, 1907, a group of Norwegian friends banded together to start Betannia Apostolisk Evangeliske Free Kirke ave Canby. Meetings were held in various homes until a small white frame church was built on the corner of SE 2nd and Knott Street. Services were held in the Norwegian language until 1926 when English became the language spoken from the pulpit. For many years the church building was referred to as the "Little Norwegian Church" or "Little Bethany". In 1960, our name was changed to Bethany Evangelical Free Church and we moved to our current Ivy Street location in 1963.
We have been blessed to be a part of Canby for over 110 years and look forward to how God will continue to use us for His glory in the many years ahead!
We are a part of the Evangelical Free Church of America.